Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Silver Chain

Materialistic items,
no more or less than that,
as I wear you around my neck.
It brings me back to where everything began.
An ending to a beginning,
but a beginning to an end.
You were the prize,
that my eyescaught.
It was like love at first sight,
I needed you.
Captivated by your smooth looks,
your charm,
your sass,
your style,
You were mine.
So, I got you now.
Its been a couple of months,
a few days,
maybe even years,
but the signs of your prize,
this medal.
Is not the prize or extra umph,
its not like the excitement wore off.
I guess, you were just metal,
as you always been.
I won't throw you away,
but I have to do something with your presents still near.
Wearing you around my neck,
is it's placement.
Yet, it doesn't feel the same anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment